China Depth & Global Expertise
GSG is a one-stop service provider for ESG investing and sustainability with a focus on the Chinese market. We provide ESG data, research and rating services for Chinese and foreign institutional investors with a focus on Chinese listed companies, debt issuers, and credit-granting companies. GSG also provides professional services such as carbon management SaaS software platform, net-zero solutions, sustainability strategy development, green financing and ESG ratings improvement for listed companies, industrial parks, and companies in the international supply chain.
GSG is a signatory and supporter of mainstream international sustainability-related initiatives.
- United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment (UN PRI): PRI is an international organization initiated by the United Nations to promote the concept of ESG investment and is committed to achieving an efficient and sustainable global financial system. PRI has become the most influential ESG investment initiative in the world. GSG was one of the first service providers in China to join PRI.
- Global Reporting Initiative (GRI): GRI's Sustainability Reporting Guidelines are the most widely used standards in the world for sustainability reporting, enabling companies to disclose information on material sustainability topics that impact their stakeholders.
- Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB): SASB develops industry-specific ESG KPIs, establishes sustainability accounting standards, and facilitates global companies in disclosing financial material sustainability that is useful for investors.
- Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD): TCFD was created by the Financial Stability Board (FSB) in response to concerns around insufficient disclosure of climate-related financial risks. TCFD provides climate disclosure advice to financial institutions and non-financial companies in four thematic areas: governance, strategy, risk management, and metrics and targets.
- Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP): CDP is now the most widely recognized carbon disclosure platform based on the needs of investors and purchasers. Currently, CDP works with more than 590 global investors with total assets of $110 trillion and hundreds of large multinational corporations to engage companies to disclose and manage their environmental impact through the influence of investors and purchasers. As a CDP global silver partner, GSG is accredited to provide solutions for Chinese companies in the following areas: CDP reporting, carbon emission measurement, portfolio carbon footprint measurement, SBT (Science Based Target) setting, sustainability strategy development, and TCFD reporting support.
GSG is one of the first professional service firms in China to focus on ESG and sustainability. The Founder of GSG, Dr. Wang Dequan, is a founding board member of China Finance 40 Forum. He currently serves as an expert of the Green and Sustainable Investment Committee of Asset Management Association of China (AMAC), an expert advisor of the ESG Professional Committee of Insurance Asset Management Association of China, and the deputy director of the Sustainable Investment Committee of the Chinese Asset Management Association of Hong Kong. GSG’s team members come from China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection Group, SinoCarbon Innovation & Investment, Tencent, Baidu, WeBank, Bank of Huzhou, McKinsey, and PwC. Together with Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE), Shenzhen Stock Exchange (SZSE), and China Securities Index (CSI), our company participated in the research project on ESG disclosure standards initiated by the Shanghai Finance Institute and the revision work of the AMAC Green Investment Guidelines. Based on our in-depth research on sustainability in China's capital market, we support and promote the implementation of a series of international ESG and sustainability principles in the Chinese market, thus boosting the development of China’s sustainability policies and practices, satisfying the needs of domestic and foreign investors and enterprises in engaging with responsible investment, as well as low-carbon and sustainable development.
The GSG LOGO is inspired by the Duke Mao Tripod（毛公鼎） from the late Western Zhou Dynasty. The Duke Mao Tripod was named after Duke Mao and had an inscription of nearly 500 characters inside the tripod, which is the most prominent inscription among the bronze vessels excavated so far in China. It is now collected in the Chinese Taipei Palace Museum, as one of the three treasures of the museum.
The Duke Mao Tripod is 53.8cm high and 34kg in weight. According to the inscription of the Duke Mao Tripod, at the beginning of his reign, King Xuan of Zhou was eager to revitalize his dynasty, so he entrusted his uncle, Duke Mao, with the administration of the state and the internal and external affairs of the royal family, and asked Duke Mao to be diligent and selfless. King Xuan then publicly confirmed the appointment of Duke Mao and gave him a lot of rewards to increase his authority. Duke Mao was very grateful so he cast a tripod, which is called Duke Mao Tripod by later generations, as a memorial to promote the greatness of King Xuan.
The tripod body part of GSG's logo is the shape of half a copper coin, symbolizing the value. The three legs of the tripod represent the balance among the roles of owner, supervisor, and manager in corporate governance and the three dimensions of environmental, social and governance (ESG) for sustainable development.
GSG designed the logo based on the "Duke Mao Tripod" demonstrating our values philosophy . On the one hand, it pays tribute to the "Way of Governance", which has been passed down in the tripod for thousands of years; on the other hand, GSG firmly believes that governance creates value, and that a corporate achieves long-term stability and sustainable development only when it pursues economic benefits while paying attention to the environment and social benefits, and focus on demands of various stakeholders.
Address：Room 2410, Shenzhen CBD Landmark, No. 4028 Jintian Road, Futian District, Shenzhen
Address：Room 1101-3, China HP Building, No.112 Jianguo Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing
Address：Floor 12, China Resources Times Square, No.500 Zhangyang Road, Pudong New Area, Shanghai
Address：Floor 16, The Hong Kong Club Building, No. 3A Chater Road, Central, Hong Kong